Wow… just wow. Just finished watching the 2 hour-long series finale of Star Trek Deep Space 9. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t cry a little bit.
- The war with the Dominion ended after the Cardassians defected to the Alpha Quadrant Coalition, and the female Founder took the Jem Hadar and retreated back to the Delta Quadrant.
- Weyoun’s last clone was killed by Garak (which had me cheering loudly).
- The new Cardassian leader (whose name I forget) was killed by the Jem Hadar on orders by the Founder.
- Legate Damar died, but not before he defected to the good guys. I was kinda hoping he’d help rebuild Cardassia Prime.
- Sisko, Martock, and that Starfleet Admiral guy made good on their promise to stand on Cardassia and drink blood wine together. Sisko and the Admiral were all sadface, but Martock wanted to drink. I kinda sympathize with Martock. Yeah lots of Cardassians died, but it’s still an occasion to drink. The war’s over, for christ sake!
- Odo cured the Founder and convinced her to surrender, then cured her of the disease. Then he returned to his home planet and cured the entire great link after a tearful goodbye to Kira.
- Kai Winn poisoned and killed Gul Dukat, then summoned the Pa Wraiths. The Wraiths then rejected Winn and possessed Gul Dukat’s body, who then killed off Winn. Sisko arrives to stop Dukat, and sacrifces his life to do so. He’s taken by the Prophets just before death and becomes one of them. He visits Cassidy Yates just long enough to tell her what happened. She’s sad, but understands.
- Nog was promoted to Lieutenant as Sisko’s last official act, Worf was made the ambassador to Cronus, Colonel Kira becomes the new commander of Deep Space 9, Miles OBrian leaves to teach at Starfleet Academy, Julian Bashir gets together with Dax, and the rest of the good guys parted ways. It was really sad.
- The last thing we see is Kira and Jake standing side by side looking out at the wormhole.
Wow. I honestly didn’t think I’d like this series, being so different from Next Generation, but the characters were so endearing and they really grow on you. I really felt like part of the family. I’ll never forget the times I felt like I was sharing with the crew. Awesome series.